- a task force list for Roland’s bday. This is clearly a sign that I’m trying too hard and maybe next year we won’t do this. (that’s a lie. I love parties too much. )
- Collard green tuna wraps for my food group. It sounds fancy, right? but it’s basically a sandwich. Hope that’s ok with my group, everyone else has been making full on, dinner-esque meals.
- Studying plans for the exams I have the monday after party/out of state company. These plans essentially say that I can’t have any fun for the rest of the week.
- A blanket fort
- A tinfoil garland
- cutouts for a paper bag garland
- two batches of marshmallows which were supposed to be honeycomb toffee
- one amazing pot of roasted red bell pepper bisque, which was 75% less of a hassle than the last time I made it, 4 years ago. I love our vitamix so much.
- a zillion paleo pigs-in-a-blanket
- A pile of dishes
I may or may not have offered to airmail Roland to a friend who was thinking about getting a pet. She declined.
Oh, Bless nap time. Everything will look less destroyed in two hours.
- Kiddo is getting so attached to his dump truck. It’s adorable, other than having to take a dump truck to the car, in the bath, tucked into bed and all of the other places dump trucks go.
- Roland essentially time switched by himself. This week has felt insane but once the clock catches up to him it’ll be better. Realizing this is essential to my sanity.
- Right top two year molar is in. Other three are shortly to follow, I think.
- Imaginative play often lets me do something uninterrupted for 15 whole minutes.
- He’s also getting better at jokes.
- And that whole bringing us beverages thing.
- This has been the week of poop related horror. We’re going back to diapers all the time until spring break. I can’t even. He mostly understands what’s going on but our half-assed commitment to potty training due to schedule made everything 100% worse. He needs someone to sit with him with a timer and positive reinforcement/possibly bribes for at least three days, consistently. Then hopefully we’ll be down to just night diapers.
- The sass. So much sass. He’s alternating being precious and cuddly with being a bat demon sent specifically to torture me.
- He broke my necklace in the bath tonight, a sapphire necklace with a nice chain that we def. can’t afford to replace. I don’t think the breakage was intentional but the not listening to me was.
- Being able to open the fridge is now a constant battle of yes-you-can no-you-cant as we establish rules for what he can do by himself and when are appropriate eating times. It’s exhausting to lay out specific guidelines for everything. It would be way easier to put a lock on the fridge but I’m really enjoying him feeding himself stuff. He can even pour himself beverages. If only I could download basic food rules into his little brain like: You can’t eat raw bacon. Eating two pints of berries in a day means no more berries the rest of the week for anyone else. We don’t eat snacks in the 45 minutes prior to family meals. Only mama gets ice cream and you have to be a grown up to eat it.
- I’m going to bed now, at 9pm, instead of doing my homework. I will regret this decision later but I’m too tired to care.
silver linings for the early morning crew. I know it’s the same wake time but it just feels better to see a decent number on the clock.
I totally gave him both. Not sure if that’s A+ parenting but I really wanted a space and a chocolate too.
— Roland is obviously my kid, right?
Roland pooped in Jer’s shoe at some unknown time, which Jer discovered by trying to put his shoes on.
We don’t know how to respond to this.
- J: *cleaning up the living room*
- R: Hiiiiii PAPA! papa beer? *hands J a beer*
- J: uh, thanks dude. Papa drink it later. Please put the beer back in the fridge.
- R: OKAY. PAPA BEER LATER. *puts beer back in the fridge*
If you can guess who pooped in a tiny potty, then went and put on rain boots, then “stomped inna mud!”, you can also guess who is never getting their apartment deposit back and needs to rent a steam cleaner again.
- That child managed to get himself born before finals instead of on spring break, so I’m trying to get all my projects and study guides done before his birthday.
- My grandparents are driving up 6 hours to come to the party. Did not expect that. Further impetus to finish all projects as much as possible, so that I can be in the chilling out/ finals/ classes ending phase of the quarter.
- They asked what roland needs. He needs nothing tangible. I’d like professional pictures, or help with groceries or daycare costs. Or books. He’s like a little dragon that hoards books.
- But they want to get him clothes, so I asked for sandals and swim trunks and the like. technically a need. He doesn’t have much summer gear at the moment because the twins I get hand me downs from are probably just now moving into 3T stuff.
- I think I found a little place I like. Our lease is swiftly coming to a close, so we’re scouring the streets. Either we get a roommate and a house or downsize to a smaller space. Both are probably going to require downsizing our “stuff” so it’s a good time to practice some non-attachment.
- I was doing some yoga to put my back in while roland was awake. I usually do it after he goes to bed because balance postures with 30 lbs ramming into you are hard. He’s totally in love with yoga! Now he asks me to do yoga all the time. He just wants to do down dog, mountain, and plow though. I can almost get him to do a sun salutation. It’s the cutest darn thing.
Too bad he wasn’t wearing a diaper and peed right on my face
got invited to a cards against humanity and alcohol party two days ago AND managed to find a sitter today (bonus: has a special rate for school people) AND everything works with my study schedule AND it’s going to be totally awesome.
for dinner he ate
- 3 pieces of pizza (2 of which were supposed to be mine)
- 1/2 container of raspberries
- 1/3 container pineapple
- 6 pieces cheese
- 1/2 glass orange juice.
Uh, excuse me sir. We have a firm grocery budget.