- Kiddo is getting so attached to his dump truck. It’s adorable, other than having to take a dump truck to the car, in the bath, tucked into bed and all of the other places dump trucks go.
- Roland essentially time switched by himself. This week has felt insane but once the clock catches up to him it’ll be better. Realizing this is essential to my sanity.
- Right top two year molar is in. Other three are shortly to follow, I think.
- Imaginative play often lets me do something uninterrupted for 15 whole minutes.
- He’s also getting better at jokes.
- And that whole bringing us beverages thing.
- This has been the week of poop related horror. We’re going back to diapers all the time until spring break. I can’t even. He mostly understands what’s going on but our half-assed commitment to potty training due to schedule made everything 100% worse. He needs someone to sit with him with a timer and positive reinforcement/possibly bribes for at least three days, consistently. Then hopefully we’ll be down to just night diapers.
- The sass. So much sass. He’s alternating being precious and cuddly with being a bat demon sent specifically to torture me.
- He broke my necklace in the bath tonight, a sapphire necklace with a nice chain that we def. can’t afford to replace. I don’t think the breakage was intentional but the not listening to me was.
- Being able to open the fridge is now a constant battle of yes-you-can no-you-cant as we establish rules for what he can do by himself and when are appropriate eating times. It’s exhausting to lay out specific guidelines for everything. It would be way easier to put a lock on the fridge but I’m really enjoying him feeding himself stuff. He can even pour himself beverages. If only I could download basic food rules into his little brain like: You can’t eat raw bacon. Eating two pints of berries in a day means no more berries the rest of the week for anyone else. We don’t eat snacks in the 45 minutes prior to family meals. Only mama gets ice cream and you have to be a grown up to eat it.
- I’m going to bed now, at 9pm, instead of doing my homework. I will regret this decision later but I’m too tired to care.