Re-attempted the “I’ll check on you in two minutes” method, which allows me to escape the bedroom by 8, 8:15.
He chills out in his little bed and “reads” until he falls asleep, around 9.
Totally awesome. So far, two day streak. I don’t care that he’s not sleeping earlier since I have my evenings back to clean, write papers, and chart.
Will continue with this method for as long as it keeps working. Hoping to decrease return frequency by a few minutes each time until I can totally just leave and let him get to sleep on his own.
My friend working in her ohd posted a pic of her last first day of school complete with a sign like we do with our kids and everything lol congrats to you! Woohoo!
You mean like this?
Yeah, I totally took that picture too. Not quite as flattering, so I put it on Facebook for the people that would most enjoy the joke. (My mom and dad. I know my audience).
I promise I have a waist behind the sign.
-Roland would like to sleep from 9:30 pm to 7:30 am with a water break at 3 am and nap from 2pm to 5 pm
- I can’t fall asleep and have been sleeping from 1 am ish to 7:35 am though I have an alarm set for 6 that I wake up to snooze.
-Jer is sleeping from 4 am to 5 pm when he gets the chance
Obviously none of this is going to work when fall quarter starts on Monday. Maybe I should have started working on this earlier in the summer.
- Ro: I'm a turtle!
- Ro: ribbit!
- Ro: that was a silly turtle.
- -scene 2-
- Ro: put it on
- Me: here is your crown
- Ro: I a king! Dis my king hat!
- Ro: kingy kingy kingy king HAT!
- Ro: I am not big yet. I am going to get bigger and bigger!
- Me: oh yeah? What are you going to do when you get big?
- Ro: I'm gonna reach the ICE CREAM!
-besides the pee, the puke, the keys locked in my car, the showing up to clinic an hour late, the misrooming of a patient, and the wifi on my computer not working, leaving me without internet for that case paper I was working on, jerith’s desk chair and medial collateral ligament breaking, and Roland flushing part of my name tag down the toilet…
-How about a where-is-the-baby poop trail adventure through the whole house?
I’m going to bed to wait for tuesday.
-showed up 45 minutes late to clinic
- put my patient in the wrong room
- attending asked if I was dying of the plague after hearing me cough.